IGF | Forum | | | |

IGF Discussion Space
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2020, 08:37:41 AM

:    

Select language:

+  IGF Discussion Space
|-+  IGF Athens Theme Discussion
| |-+  Security - Creating trust and confidence through collaboration
| | |-+  Is this the right place for proposals against spam?
« previous next »
: [1] |
: Is this the right place for proposals against spam?  ( 20266 )
boyd

: 3

« : October 29, 2006, 02:23:28 AM »

Hi,

Is this the right place to make a proposal to stop most spam and viruses 'at the front door' (in stead of relying on anti-spam/virus software)?

And if so, what will happen to the proposal? Will it reach the forum in any form?

Thanks.
Jeremy Malcolm

: 24

Compiling the IGF's report card

« #1 : October 31, 2006, 01:17:04 PM »

Find a workshop or main session in which you would like the proposal to be made, and I will make sure someone is at that session to pass it on for you.  Otherwise, email the workshop  or session convenor or moderator direct and make sure they raise it at the session.

We are still working on finding the best procedure, but those ideas are a start anyway.

boyd

: 3

« #2 : November 06, 2006, 03:02:52 PM »

Jeremy Malcolm wrote:

> Find a workshop or main session in which you would like the proposal to be made,
> and I will make sure someone is at that session to pass it on for you.  Otherwise, email
> the workshop  or session convenor or moderator direct and make sure they raise it at
> the session.

Alas I did not check back here after 2 days of no reply, but still interested in a platform for my proposal.
Adam

: 1

« #3 : December 18, 2006, 11:08:13 AM »

A dynamic coalition on spam was formed in Athens, you could try contacting them and perhaps joining in their work, see StopSpamAlliance http://www.stopspamalliance.org/
vinh

: 1

« #4 : September 26, 2007, 04:13:33 AM »

Hi,

To stop SPAM, should we block SPAM at the source?  ie:  ISP, carrier etc...

In theory, if all ISP actively block only SPAM generate from its' own network. Would this help?

I hear of Canada already start with this idea.
: [1] |  
« previous next »
:  

Valid XHTML 1.0! SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Valid CSS!