[Bp_cybersec_2016] Overview slides for BPF on cybersecurity meeting at the IGF

Maarten Van Horenbeeck maarten at first.org
Tue Dec 19 18:48:25 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

Attached are a few draft slides which we can use to guide the discussion
tomorrow in our BPF meeting in *Room IX at 3pm tomorrow, Wednesday,
December 20th*.

If you're in Geneva, please do join us. We'll do our best to have plenty of
opportunities for comments, question and discussions from attendees. If you
are remote, please join us using remote participation.

Also note that per Elenora's e-mail earlier today, there is a special
coordination meeting set up for open discussion on the Best Practices Forum
on Cybersecurity. That one will take the outcomes from our Wednesday
meeting and decide on steps for next year. Please encourage anyone with an
interest in cybersecurity to attend! *(Room XXVII on Thursday 21 December,
from 13.30 to 15.00)*

On a little sidenote, this is an interesting article in IT World Canada
that covers a lot of the cybersecurity work happening at the IGF this week,
with particular focus on the Best Practices Forum, and some nice quotes
from Wim Degezelle, our consultant:

https://www.itworldcanada.com/article/cyber-security-a-focus-of-un-internet-
governance-conference/400058

Thanks, and I look forward to our discussions this week.

Best regards,
Maarten