[Bp_ipv6] Call for contributions - Preparation (Feedback to questions by: 22nd July)

Izumi Okutani izumi at nic.ad.jp
Mon Jul 25 11:09:42 EDT 2016

Eduardo,

> Reading the document again, I think we should put a question about IPv6
> deployment. To improve our research we need to know what was their
> IPv6’s planning. I would be useful to know  if they have deployed IPv6
> on the services, to the costumers or both. For example, a bank might
> have put Ipv6 in the Internet banking but not to their employees.
>

> So I suggest:
>

>   1.
>
>      Describe in a few words, what was your IPv6 planning ? What were
>      your goals and what have you reached?

If I understood your comment correctly (you would like to confirm whether a contributor has deployed IPv6 in their own service infrastructure or customer base), I agree this information is needed as basic background information and this is at least the intention of  Q1, and the planning part is also covered in Q2.

I have added the second part of your suggested question as 2d, Did you achieve what you planned in the deployment?
Please let me know if I didn't quite capture what you meant.

Just to share with everyone that for our best practices this year, we would like to focus in understanding the business motivation behind the decision. For the purpose our work, we do not need to know how well they did in their planning in technical aspect.

> Izumi, about other questions:
>

> In Q1 I agree with your comment. But when I created this question I was
> thinking in the company side. For example, facebook experienced that
> their costumers reached their services much more faster using IPV6.

Understood.  How about phrasing the question as:

Did your organisation experience any financial/business impact when your organisation deployed IPv6, including benefit to customers?

The point is that it explicitly asks "including benefit to customers".  I reflected it in Q5a.

> In Q2 and Q3 I agree too, it should not be obligated.

I added them in 5.b and c.

I'd like to give it another 24 hours before we finalise it.

Wim,

Would you kindly help us clean up the Google doc?
There currently are total of 15 questions. It's a lot and could put off some organisations from helping if they think they must respond to all.
Perhaps create separate sections for required questions (Q1, Q3a, Q4b) and optional ones (all other questions) helps reduce that impression.

Thanks Eduardo for your feedback.

Izumi