[Wg-mwp] [Ext] Re: Proposed sub-working group charter

Baher Esmat baher.esmat at icann.org
Thu Oct 19 08:53:11 EDT 2017

I too don’t think the sub-group should be limited in any way, neither in size nor expertise.

Best
Baher

On 10/19/17, 11:20 AM, "Wg-mwp on behalf of GONZALO LOPEZ-BARAJAS HUDER" <wg-mwp-bounces at intgovforum.org<mailto:wg-mwp-bounces at intgovforum.org> on behalf of gonzalo.lopezbarajashuder at telefonica.com<mailto:gonzalo.lopezbarajashuder at telefonica.com>> wrote:

A few additional comments,

                Reading the paragraph 72(g) of the Tunis Agenda, I do not see it fostering any type of recommendation. By this, I mean the recommendation could well be making a call for the community to work on potential policy recommendation / solution to solve specific problems, identifying the problems to be solved. So it is not just limited to providing solutions per se, which could be more troublesome from a perspective of what and how consensus on the solutions are reached at the IGF. This would also be a significant progress for the IGF.
                In fact, Net Mundial, which has been pointed to as a case study of a multistakeholder process producing an output document, stated “NETmundial identified the following non-exhaustive list of points that need better understanding and further discussion in appropriate fora” and included topics such as jurisdictional issues and Net Neutrality on this list.

                Though Jeremy you refer to the kind of outputs in bullet 3, I am not really sure this addresses my concern, and after reading the proposal I get the sense it points to policy recommendations and solutions as the only outcome considered.

                Regarding the limitation to 4 people, I do not see why should we should put any limit. This limitation can only lead to difficulties if more than 4 are interested to join.

                Also, limiting the scope of profiles to join does not seem appropriate.

Kind regards,

                               Gonzalo
[rss_linkedin][linkedin.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.linkedin.com_company_10587207-3Ftrk-3Dtyah-26trkInfo-3DclickedVertical-253Ashowcase-252CclickedEntityId-253A10587207-252Cidx-253A4-2D1-2D14-252CtarId-253A1463053700574-252Ctas-253Atelefonica&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=9Fv0cnEVLNdzagwuyUc6wfmXbLEs-r62GIfrn7IWCGk&m=4nG_dzKZdQTOHX9ibwWAPam1pVwmRLBCrJFOswTwOeU&s=MerpOhnPGxStgwfVGMqM5dJca0NC7Ccl2fsBFTUvo8M&e=>[rss_youtube][youtube.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_user_telefpublicpolicy&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=9Fv0cnEVLNdzagwuyUc6wfmXbLEs-r62GIfrn7IWCGk&m=4nG_dzKZdQTOHX9ibwWAPam1pVwmRLBCrJFOswTwOeU&s=MCJZwpJoIgvmVAxgwJfNKK6Pa178JMchO0xCyPmjOCs&e=>[creenshot_2]