[Wgco] NEED FOR A MEETING OF WGCO & UPDATES

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 16:39:14 EDT 2016

I wonder if we can perhaps consider the idea of the shared Newcomers booth as one of the outputs of this WG?
Developing/Thinking about a FAQ that is distributed. Maybe MAG members should be wearing a similar ribbon so that Newcomers recognize who they can ask for a casual conversation when hey encounter a MAG-ite in the hall?
Having a recommendation about perhaps Newcomers ribbons to be attached to the badges of newcomers. Having a schedule for the shared booth: inviting former MAG members and present MAG members. BUT, sticking to a very tightly confirmed role, so we are not competing with the IGF Secretariat's role, but are helping!
And having a shared and agreed strategy for online/social media outreach.

And also to recall that we are advisory, so we are not actually in charge of  what the Secretariat does, but we are trying to bring in some vision and views and reflect what might be needed to be highly sensitive to newcomers, for instance?