[Bp_gender] Brief summary of meeting

Jac sm Kee jac at apcwomen.org
Fri Jul 22 04:09:45 EDT 2016

Hello everyone,

Sending a brief summary of our discussion yesterday. We didn't have too
many participants so thinking it may be because of changed times. Sorry
about that! Will aim to stick with normal times for the next one.

But we did have a very productive meeting nonetheless! So this is just a
brief summary before proper meeting notes come through:

a) Asia Pacific regional IGF
This is taking place next week and we are planning 2 related activities
to this event:
i) Gender and Access workshop session: To do a webcast as part of this
workshop, introducing the BP work, and blasting out remote participation
as part of this. Objectives: a) Get people to participate in the
conversation, hear about the regional issues; b) Get people to share
what they know to feed into BP work through remote participation/survey
ii) Potentially a session on intersessional work, where we can share the
BP work further

b) Survey
Renata, Anri and I took the opportunity at the last MAG meeting to do
some planning work. We thought that it would be a good idea to translate
the existing spreadsheet that we discussed in previous meeting into a
survey format to facilitate inputs as this worked well in the previous
BPF. This is now done, and we spent the meeting testing it for usability
to be finalised by Monday. Please have a look and share your comments in
the next couple of days if you have any. Would be good if we can start
sharing this far and wide as well.

Survey link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1o3aeN7Tft7Lunsx3AXu8HXu1nXSAjtdkkOCLCXlqPJw/edit?ts=578c9e44

For the upcoming meetings, we would like to focus more on content
discussions, rather than working processes. Will send a framework for
discussing this soon.

Thanks!

jac

--