[Bp_gender] DiscoTech on 11th November in Paris!

Smita Vanniyar smita at pointofview.org
Thu Nov 8 06:13:44 EST 2018

Dear all,

Hope you're all doing well.

Those of you who are going for the IGF in Paris next week, do check out
DiscoTech on the theme of "Breaking through the walls of an inaccessible
internet"!

Date: 11th November
Time: 19:30-22:00

Venue: Les Grands Voisins <https://lesgrandsvoisins.org/>

Please find more information below.
You can RSVP to discotech at apc.org or here
<https://crm.apc.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=37>.

Thank you!

Best,
Smita

It is our pleasure to invite you to once again be a part of our Discotech
event, this time in Paris and under the theme, “Breaking through
the walls of an inaccessible internet”.
https://www.apc.org/en/news/disco-tech-paris-join-us-pre-igf-event-disability-and-accessibility-internet

On the evening of Sunday 11 November, from 19:30 to 22:00, APC and
Hivos/Digital Defenders Partnership will host Disco-tech 2018, which will
focus on disability and accessibility to the internet. The event will
provide different opportunities to foreground the experiences, realities,
needs and concerns of internet users who are disabled.

As you know, Disco-tech is a learning exchange. It will increase
responsiveness to and awareness of disability and accessibility to the
internet, as well as provide concrete examples of ways in which civil
society can support actions to reduce barriers to accessibility at
different levels.

Speakers:

Anna Karefelt, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sweden)
Arun Madhavan Pillai, SPACE (India)
Bishakha Datta, Point of View (India)
Cathleen Berger, Mozilla (Germany)
Derrick L. Cogburn, School of International Service and Kogod School of
Business at American University, AU Institute on Disability and Public
Policy, Internet Governance Lab (United States)
Fernando Botelho, F123 Consulting (Brasil)
Gerry Ellis, Feel The BenefIT (Ireland)
Judy Okite, Association for Accessibility and Equality (Kenya)
Julián Casasbuenas, Colnodo (Colombia)
 Nidhi Goyal, Point of View (India)

We are very excited about this event and hope you can join us! If you are
interested in participating, please RSVP to discotech at apc.org or here.

Please help us distribute this invitation among your networks, and we look
forward to seeing you on the 11th!