[Bp_ipv6] Comments on the baseline draft of Background Paper

Paul Wilson pwilson at apnic.net
Fri Aug 28 00:50:48 EDT 2015

Hi Chip,

Nice to see you here.

By my understanding of its purpose, this document really doesn’t need
to distinguish between devices and interfaces.  But if we want to avoid
alienating the better-informed, perhaps a footnote is the right place to
explain that finer point.  IMHO.  :-)

Having inserted the point about Apple’s policy, I agree completely
with your suggestion to avoid “compliant” and variations - to avoid
implication of “authorities”.  Much better to use “support”.

Finally, happy with your suggestion re IPv4 secondary market: it is
important for immediate short-term business needs; but in the scheme of
things, just a way of shuffling the deck chairs.

Paul.