[Bp_ipv6] Recording and chat from call #1 (6/23)

Izumi Okutani izumi at nic.ad.jp
Fri Jul 1 07:50:47 EDT 2016

Thanks everyone for the feedback and suggestions on how we could collect cases this year.

We can certainly reach out to MAG members.

1) Marco's suggestion to draft messages, questions are helpful, as most MAG members from business do not have strong awareness about this subject and they need something to return back to their group.
2) In parallel, if you each have individual contacts with those who made business decisions in IPv6 deployment, suggestions are welcome.

One idea that I am exploring is to start from looking at deployment rates in varous regions, and reach out to private sector in those economies which made business decisions to reach that deployment rate.
Any thoughts around this approach?

We don't have to restrict only to cases with high deployment rate and less successful cases are welcome to be used as a comparison, but would certain help if we can share successful cases, given this it the best practices forum.

I would expect several private companies are less willing to share details of their business decision, and we can certainly keep anonymity. It would be helpful enough if they are able to share key elements of what they thought was important from business perspective.

Before the next call I will coordinate with Sumon and Wim so that we can share general timelines for the group towards producing the finalised output document, as well as draft structure of the output document as a starting point.

Izumi