[Bp_ipv6] Open consultations

Michael Oghia mike.oghia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 07:11:25 EST 2016

Dear colleagues,

>From February to October, the ITU Council Working Group on International
Internet-related Public Policy Issues
<http://www.itu.int/en/council/cwg-internet/Pages/default.aspx> (CWG-Internet)
held an open consultation (online and physical) titled "Building an
enabling environment for access to the Internet."

In early October, I submitted a personal contribution discussing the work
of the IPv6 BPF, called for IPv6 to be included in building an enabling
environment for access to the Internet, and heavily cited the 2015 BPF
document.

The new consultation following up on that work has opened and is now asking
the following questions:

*1.* What are the developmental aspects of the Internet (for example,
economic, social, regulatory and technical aspects), especially for
developing countries?

*2.* How can governments and other stakeholders promote the developmental
aspects of the Internet?

*3.* What are the challenges and opportunities?"

I want to encourage anyone interested in IPv6 proliferation to submit a
personal contribution and/or a contribution on behalf of your organization. I
also attached my original contribution for reference.

*The deadline is January 4.*

Best,
-Michael

Michael J. Oghia