[Bpf-localcontent] Please review: Draft report for comment

Carlos Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Sun Nov 17 11:14:33 EST 2019

Dear people,

Following on my earlier message below, I am assuming there is a rough
agreement on the proposed agenda for the meeting.

I understand Giacomo and I will be at the panel as co-moderators. Not
sure if Anriette will be able to participate (it would be wonderful).

If you all agree with the proposed agenda, we still need panelists for
the topics listed. We are a week away from the event and I did not see
any response to my message in this list.

I understand Anriette will post a revised version of the outcome
document. This would be the basis for our dialogue, I assume.

fraternal regards

--c.a.

------------
[earlier message]

Great work, Anriette. The table of contents does not correspond fully to
items in the document (unfortunately the word processor does not update
the table automatically). But is a great compilation, historical review
of the BPF, and explanation of the critical topics.

I would propose, in light of this significant advance, that we organize
the meeting as follows:

1. a short historical review of the BPF -- what challenges and practices
were identified, which challenges persist (10 minutes)

2. Speeches by selected panelists (10 min each) on four topics (tentative):

- preserving local means of expression and traditional culture;

- power, political control and digital occupation;

- content universalization and regulatory challenges;

- the role of IG structures in content preservation and universalization.

*The panelists would strive to make contributions to the recommendations
suggested in the outcome document*.

3. Comments by the panel (10 minutes)

4. Interaction with the audience (30 minutes).

Once we agree with the agenda, we'll need to hunt for speakers :-)

IMHO

--c.a.