[IGFmaglist] Host country letter - visa requirements for Turkey

Towela Nyirenda-Jere towelajere at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 11:15:18 EDT 2014

Dear all,

Echoing what was raised in the virtual meeting yesterday, I was advised today by the Turkish embassy that to obtain a visa I need a letter from the host  (the specific wording on the checklist  is " Invitation letter or "Document of commitment" signed by the inviter in Turkey which should be issued by the Turkish Public Notaries"). Most of us from this side of the world do not qualify for the e-visa or visa on arrival. Can the Secretariat please look into this and advise?

regards,

Towela

Towela Nyirenda-Jere, PhD

Current Address: