[IGFmaglist] Message calling for the renewal of the mandate of the IGF?

Constance Bommelaer bommelaer at isoc.org
Tue Sep 2 16:43:18 EDT 2014

Dear MAG Colleagues,

I hear that the pre-IGF MAG Chair's blog has been very impactful and very well received by governments and all stakeholder groups.

In a similar way, and if we have consensus within the MAG, perhaps our Chair could issue a call on our behalf to renew the mandate of the IGF?

This would echo initiatives currently underway within Civil Society, supporting the same goal. I believe views may diverge on the length of the desired extended mandate (5 years, 10 years, or permanent), but a consensus could possibly be found on a call for renewal of the initial length of the mandate (5 years)?

Best regards,
Constance