[IGFmaglist] suggested workshop grading scale descriptions

Subi Chaturvedi subichaturvedi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 06:44:14 EDT 2015

Dear Makane and Susan,

It will ultimately depend upon the number of slots available and the venue.

This is more a process of elimination than of selection. After we've
applied ourselves to what should an ideal number prof workshops be, which
addresses the theme and the sub themes adequately.

If you had 200 + high quality proposals all scoring 5 we will still need to
select or eliminate. Because we cannot have so many workshops. The
limitation is of logistical resources available and not crowding the
schedule so much that it leaves participants breathless and confused.

Hence each year there is a cut off score shared by the secretariat keeping
a variety of factors in mind. Post which all of as us MAG collectively
review each proposal to strive for balance across dimensions.

In view of the above I would prefer to stay away from subjective
interpretations of scores allocated.

warmest

Subi
----