[IGFmaglist] suggested workshop grading scale descriptions - merging of proposals

Flavio Rech Wagner flavio at inf.ufrgs.br
Tue Apr 14 08:57:15 EDT 2015

Dear Susan

Regarding the merging of proposals, I don't think we should consider the
option "should be merged with another" in the same grading scale from 1
to 5.

If, as an example, a proposal receives scores 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, and 4 from
six different MAG members, its final average score is 2.5. This does not
mean, however, that people agree that this proposal has a good potential
to be merged with some other proposal, since potential for merging can
be evaluated acoording to different criteria.

I would prefer to have a "tick box" in addition to the score, whereby
evaluators could indicate that the proposal, independently from the
score it receives, has a good potential to be merged.

Best

Flavio