[IGFmaglist] suggested workshop grading scale descriptions - merging of proposals

Miller, Cheryl A cheryl.miller at verizon.com
Tue Apr 14 09:23:52 EDT 2015

+1

Sent with Good (www.good.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Chalmers [susan at chalmers.associates<mailto:susan at chalmers.associates>]
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 09:11 AM Eastern Standard Time
To: Flavio Rech Wagner
Cc: Igfmaglist at intgovforum.org
Subject: Re: [IGFmaglist] suggested workshop grading scale descriptions - merging of proposals

Dear Flavio,

This sounds like a good approach to me!

Sincerely,
Susan

Susan Chalmers
susan at chalmers.associates

CHALMERS & ASSOCIATES
http://chalmers.associates

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 12:57 AM, Flavio Rech Wagner <flavio at inf.ufrgs.br<mailto:flavio at inf.ufrgs.br>> wrote:
Dear Susan

Regarding the merging of proposals, I don't think we should consider the option "should be merged with another" in the same grading scale from 1 to 5.

If, as an example, a proposal receives scores 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, and 4 from six different MAG members, its final average score is 2.5. This does not mean, however, that people agree that this proposal has a good potential to be merged with some other proposal, since potential for merging can be evaluated acoording to different criteria.

I would prefer to have a "tick box" in addition to the score, whereby evaluators could indicate that the proposal, independently from the score it receives, has a good potential to be merged.

Best

Flavio

Dear MAG colleagues,

Based upon input from the last virtual meeting, how do the following grading scale descriptions sit with everyone?

1 = proposal has serious problems
2 = should not be accepted
(2.5 = should be merged with another)
3 = borderline
4 = could be accepted
5 = must be accepted

Please don't hesitate to share your thoughts.

Sincerely,
Susan

Susan Chalmers
susan at chalmers.associates<mailto:susan at chalmers.associates>