[IGFmaglist] IGF mandate has been extended for 10 years

Veronica Cretu veronicacretu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 04:37:16 EST 2015

Dear Janis, colleagues! Warmest regards from Moldova!

Congratulations to everyone who have lead to this great outcome! Looking
forward to the next great 10 years of the IGF with policies being
implemented not only elaborated; and with vibrant, dynamic national IGF
platforms bringing new opportunities and venues for authentic learning,
exchange and support!

Happy Holidays and was great to e-see many of you during the UN GA WSIS+10
this week, even of remotely!
As ever,
Veronica

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 2:30 AM, <karklinsj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear MAG colleagues,
>
> As promised I am writing to inform you that earlier today the UN GA at the
> High Level WSIS + 10 review meeting unanimously decided to extend the
> mandate of IGF as defined in para 72 of the Tunis agenda for the next 10
> years.
> The adopted text suggest the following:
>
> *68.
> We acknowledge the role of the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) as a multistakeholder
> platform for discussion of Internet governance issues.  We support the recommendations of
> the report of the CSTD Working Group on improvements to the IGF, which were taken note
> of by the General Assembly in its resolution 68/198, and we call for their accelerated
> implementation. We extend the IGF mandate for another 10 years with its current mandate
> as set out in paragraph 72 to 78 of the Tunis Agenda for the Information Society. We
> recognize that during this period, the IGF should continue to show progress on working
> modalities, and participation of relevant stakeholders from developing countries.  We call on
> the CSTD, within its current reporting, to give due consideration to fulfilment of its Working
> Group report recommendations. *
>
> I would like to use this opportunity and thank all of you for your hard
> work and dedication to the IGF. All of you contributed towards this
> decision of the General Assembly. You should be proud of your achievement.
>
> Remaining yours
> JK
>
> Sent from Surface

*Veronica Cretu *

*MA in Contemporary Diplomacy*

*President, Open Government Institute**Republic of Moldova
- http://opengov.si.md/ <http://opengov.si.md/>*

*Member of the Steering Committee, *
*Open Government Partnership (OGP);*
*http://www.opengovpartnership.org/about/steering-committee/role-and-current-membership
<http://www.opengovpartnership.org/about/steering-committee/role-and-current-membership>*

*Email: veronicacretu at gmail.com <veronicacretu at gmail.com> and/or
veronica at cretu.md <veronica at cretu.md>*

*Skype: veronicacretu Phone: 373 067435000*