[IGFmaglist] IGF mandate has been extended for 10 years

Christine Arida chris at tra.gov.eg
Thu Dec 17 12:08:06 EST 2015

Congratulations to everyone ..
Best,
Christine

From: Igfmaglist [mailto:igfmaglist-bounces at intgovforum.org] On Behalf Of karklinsj at gmail.com
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2015 2:30 AM
To: igfmaglist at intgovforum.org
Subject: [IGFmaglist] IGF mandate has been extended for 10 years

Dear MAG colleagues,

As promised I am writing to inform you that earlier today the UN GA at the High Level WSIS + 10 review meeting unanimously decided to extend the mandate of IGF as defined in para 72 of the Tunis agenda for the next 10 years.
The adopted text suggest the following:

68. We acknowledge the role of the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) as a multistakeholder  platform for discussion of Internet governance issues.  We support the recommendations of  the report of the CSTD Working Group on improvements to the IGF, which were taken note  of by the General Assembly in its resolution 68/198, and we call for their accelerated  implementation. We extend the IGF mandate for another 10 years with its current mandate  as set out in paragraph 72 to 78 of the Tunis Agenda for the Information Society. We  recognize that during this period, the IGF should continue to show progress on working  modalities, and participation of relevant stakeholders from developing countries.  We call on  the CSTD, within its current reporting, to give due consideration to fulfilment of its Working  Group report recommendations.

I would like to use this opportunity and thank all of you for your hard work and dedication to the IGF. All of you contributed towards this decision of the General Assembly. You should be proud of your achievement.

Remaining yours
JK

Sent from Surface