[IGFmaglist] Thanks... IGF mandate has been extended for 10 years

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 17 16:06:37 EST 2015

I was privileged to being able to attend all the stakeholder events in the six month preparation process, and also the side events and the High Level event [two days] just concluded in NY UNGA.
There is a lot to say thank you about to the Co Facilitators themselves, to the fellow MAG members, and wider IGF communities, to Chengetai as Secretariat and team, to the MAG chair and his two advisors - Markus and Constance.
I also want to especially thank Am. Fonseca, as the Host Country Chair and CGI.br's great team, not only for the excellence of the IGF 2016 but also for the contribution in the preparatory process in NY, and in the side event organized on Monday, led by Am. Fonseca, that the other co organizers -- myself, Lea, Shita, and Lynn -- as MAG members were able to contribute to co organizing. And, thanks to Mexico for their support throughout this last year, as it has been so important to know where IGF2016 would be, once extension occurred.
No amount of well organized events matter if there are not participants, and the Monday session was very well attended by MAG and other colleagues from governments, civil society, technical community, industry, and academia.
I look forward to meeting with fellow MAG and other stakeholder colleagues at the first MAG meeting in 2016, as we move forward with both taking stock, and looking ahead to Mexico!
As a holiday period is rapidly approaching, perhaps this is the opportunity to wish all safe and happy holiday celebrations with friends and families.