[IGFmaglist] European Parliament / Renewal of the IGF

Cristina.MONTI at ec.europa.eu Cristina.MONTI at ec.europa.eu
Wed Feb 11 09:33:01 EST 2015

Dear all,
on Monday evening, European Commission Vicepresident Ansip gave a statement on the renewal of the mandate of the IGF during the Plenary session of the European Parliament in Strasbourg.
After his statement, several Members of the European Parliament took the floor to express full support for the IGF renewal, as well as to comment on ongoing Internet governance discussions.
You can watch the full discussion here: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/ep-live/en/plenary/video?debate=1423502314835

Today, the European Parliament has adopted a Resolution on the renewal of the mandate of the IGF. I will circulate the final approved text as soon as it is officially published.

I am glad to see the positive reaction of several civil society and Internet industry representatives for the work of the European Parliament and more broadly of the EU Institutions in this area:  http://cdn.ccianet.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/CCIA-Joint-IGF-Statement.pdf

Best regards,
Cristina

CRISTINA MONTI
International Relations Officer

[cid:image001.gif at 01D0460C.7A39E1F0]
European Commission
Directorate-General for Communication Networks, Content and Technology
International Unit

BU25 04/95
B-1049 Brussels/Belgium
Office: +32 229 69467 Mobile: +32 460 769467
cristina.monti at ec.europa.eu<mailto:cristina.monti at ec.europa.eu>

Think before you print!