[IGFmaglist] Updates on Workshop Proposal outreach

Susan Chalmers susan at chalmers.associates
Mon Mar 2 17:04:02 EST 2015

Hello colleagues. I hope this email finds everyone well. I wanted to
provide a few updates prior to our upcoming call.

As we all know, the call for workshop proposals is out. It is my
understanding that the online submission form should be operational next
week. There are new changes to the process this year and it is very
important that proposers are aware of them. We are doing a few things to
help spread awareness:

   - Organising 2 webinars for workshop proposers
   - Drafting a "10 things for workshop proposers to consider" document.
   - Creating examples of proposals for the 6 different formats, to help
   guide submissions.

*Webinars*
The proposed dates for these webinars are March 12th & 13th. I need help in
organizing these, and can only make the 12th. The Doodle poll is here:
http://doodle.com/s2g39ctd4aaig58k#table. It is also very important that we
spread the word very widely on these webinars.

*10 Things document*
The draft document is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bEc70zYjkQdeJDtLUuFEnCVL3a_Gpetf2ydSeVNwBvQ/edit?usp=sharing
We'd like to wrap up the document in the next few days for UNESCO. We also
need help in translating the document into as many languages as possible.
Please check the document and suggest edits, and volunteer to translate
into languages other than English!

*Proposal Examples*
I've asked three colleagues for help in creating proposal examples for the
Debate, Birds of a Feather and Break-out group discussion formats. I'll
draft one for the Flash Session. If we could have volunteers to draft an
example for the Panel and Roundtable formats, that would be most helpful.
Please contact me off list if you are interested.

Finally, once the MAG approves the documents described above, the
Secretariat can circulate these to its list of national/regional IGF
coordinators. As MAG members we can undertake to circulate the documents as
widely as possible to our respective networks.

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Many thanks and in the spirit of collaboration,
Susan

Susan Chalmers
susan at chalmers.associates

*CHALMERS* & ASSOCIATES