[IGFmaglist] A Very useful MAG call today -- NetStudy draft

Michael R. Nelson mnelson at pobox.com
Tue Mar 3 08:26:11 EST 2015

I thought we made some good progress today.

I wish we had had 5 minutes to talk a bit about the UNESCO meeting. I was interested in knowing if MAG members in Paris will be part of the drafting process of the meeting communique. I was very concerned and puzzled by some of the language on free speech in the draft output statement, which you can link to from here: http://www.unesco.org/new/en/communication-and-information/events/calendar-of-events/events-websites/connecting-the-dots/the-study/

Subsections 3.2 and 6.3 and vague talk of UNESCO setting standards (for what? Censorship?) could cause a lot of damage.

Mike Nelson