[IGFmaglist] request to postpone workshop webinar

Susan Chalmers susan at chalmers.associates
Thu Mar 5 19:11:19 EST 2015

Dear colleagues,

As discussed previously, MAG members were asked to organise a web ex call
for workshop proponents. The purpose of this call is to help workshop
proposers with any questions that they have about their proposals and the
process.

The proposed dates are next week Thursday and Friday. The Doodle poll is
here: http://doodle.com/s2g39ctd4aaig58k#table. However, only one person
has joined me on the poll.

I propose that we postpone the webinars, until the recently-drafted "call
for proposals" document, and the email regarding intersessional work, are
circulated to the national & regional IGF networks. This will allow time
for people to read the workshop proposal document and form questions for
us.

I also believe that this call needs more support from other MAG members in
order for it to be worth the time spent to organise it. I am convinced of
the general spirit of the MAG in wanting to help workshop proponents new
and old - to be "mentors" in the process. We just need to convert that
spirit into some work now.

I'd be curious to hear others' thoughts on what I've proposed.

Sincerely,
Susan

Susan Chalmers
susan at chalmers.associates