[IGFmaglist] Draft mail to Regional and National IGF's

Subi Chaturvedi subichaturvedi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 07:28:58 EST 2015

+1 Marilyn and Constance.

Dear Chengetai,

There are several national and regional initiatives and many do not use the
IGF nomenclature for obvious reasons. Adding the word initiative would be
helpful.
We are hoping to receive inputs and maximise buy in , developing a sense of
ownership in the process.
The learning curve and the level of engagement with the global IGF remains
differentiated across groups depending upon their facilitation, adequacy of
resources, engagement, frequency and depth.

Would recommend adding

*Specific INPUTS- *
*Next Steps / Call to Action for National and Regional IGF initiatives*

1. We would request you to start with joining the mailing lists mentioned
below.
2. We are hopeful that you will engage on matters on interest and expertise
by not just going the conversation but also mentioning specific local,
national, regional and global challenges for the themes.
3. Feel free to contribute to them by way of questions which you may have
for experts, defining the problem statement, sharing specific case studies,
possible research questions for the group and pointing each group to
pertinent academic or journalistic material by way of background
information.
4. We hope to create good practices for each of the themes mentioned and
diversity from each region will help define the problem better and help us
all in jointly working towards better solutions.
5. You may also nominate volunteers after a wider consultation for each of
the groups from you national/ regional initiative.

Chengetai would also request an email id. could be that of the secretariat
or a volunteer from the MAG working on Best Practices for queries to be
addressed, to make the participation more meaningful.

Also would you like to keep this open and on a rolling basis or do you wish
to set some kind of an initial deadline for an expression of interest. This
sometimes helps in creating a sense of urgency.

I would also like this process to be consultative.

Different initiatives work differently, some are housed within the state
establishment, others include multiple stakeholders.

While it is great that we're putting a word out to the coordinators, may we
also do a wider dissemination of this call. By way of posting this on the
IGF website.

National and Regional IGFs are a major take away from the IGF and it will
good for us to share this as a separate new development where contributions
on Intercessional work as well Best practices are being invited from each
region.
I'd like this also to be a two way process.

*Could you also include a line where you mention suggestions and inputs are
also welcome from each coordinator on how we may maximise, facilitate and
strengthen their engagement with BPF and intercessional work. *For the IGF
the community remains the most important stakeholder and we should be able
to help make the takeaways as relevant and meaningful as possible.

Thanks

Subi