[IGFmaglist] Request approval of workshop document

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 5 10:17:50 EST 2015

Congratulations to the team on the workshop document. I support!
On a different topic and related to Janis Karklins, MAG Chair, reference to the UNESCO Conference, several MAG members were participating, of course, all in our individual capacity, in the UNESCO Conference --Connecting the Dots, as well.   I wanted to comment that the two day conference was an excellent event, overall,and also strengthened the understanding of many of us, I think, on how much preparation will be requiredif we are to undertake having any formal statements from the IGF 2015. However, the process we undertookat UNESCO's conference may be useful to further examine as a learning experience.
The Outcomes are themselves quite commendable, I believe, and also strengthen understanding of many about UNESCO important contributions to Internet Governance and WSIS Follow up.
I do not mean to create a new thread about the conference outcome or Study, but to note that the importance of the participation of the MAG Chair and many MAG members, as individuals, at the Conference.  In the discussions, the IGF was referenced many timesand there were many 'ambassadors' who could participate as individuals to share their views about the IGF, extension,its role, etc.  The government reps who participate in UNESCO are not necessarily the same ones who attend the IGF MAG, or the IGF itself, but are vital players in many of the key themes and issues that are addressed. So, it was excellent to have AmbassadorKarklins present and speaking, and also other MAG colleagues!
Marilyn Cade