[IGFmaglist] Inter-sessional activities / Call for MAG volunteers for BPFs

Constance Bommelaer bommelaer at isoc.org
Mon Mar 9 14:12:58 EDT 2015

That's a good point, Markus.

Best,
Constance

From: Markus Kummer <markus_kummer at bluewin.ch>
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 7:04 PM
To: Constance Bommelaer
Cc: MAG-public
Subject: Re: [IGFmaglist] Inter-sessional activities / Call for MAG volunteers for BPFs

Constance, all,

Thanks for your summary.

Just one point: today you are mentioning 4 complementary tracks, while in your email dated 17 February you referred to three tracks with a fourth, more horizontal activity, namely the online repository of resources as a "common result of all intersessional work”.

In your February email you said (I am paraphrasing) that the development of an online repository of resources on the IGF website would enrich the Best Practices library, adding resources and outputs (if any) of new intersessional tracks  (declarations, messages, list of experts, contact point in relevant organizations, etc.). Conceptually, this makes much sense. Today’s call also revealed that there is much output coming from the Dynamic Coalitions that can be added to this online repository of resources.

I would therefore suggest keeping your old definition of the online repository as a horizontal track that would benefit all the other three tracks equally. This is closer to reality and, at the same time, easier to understand and explain.

Best regards
Markus