[IGFmaglist] Online attack launched against work of BPF countering online abuse and violence

Chengetai Masango cmasango at unog.ch
Tue Oct 13 04:17:01 EDT 2015

Dear Jac and members of the BPF on Countering the abuse of women online,

It is truly unfortunate that this type of behavior goes on and it reinforces the need for this BPF.

From the Secretariat’s side we are doing all we can to to mitigate this type of behavior on our hosted services (mailing lists, review platform and Webex).  To this extent we have instituted the moderation of all comments on the the review platform and the Countering the abuse of women online mailing list.

We will block or expel anyone that does not adhere to the general principles of engagement outlined in our Code of conduct <http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/aboutigf/igf-code-of-conduct>.

We hope this malicious behavior does not deter but strengthens the resolve of the group which has been doing excellent work on a very important topic.

Best regards,

Chengetai