[IGFmaglist] Updated Template Cybersecurity and Digital trust

Subi Chaturvedi subichaturvedi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 04:08:02 EDT 2015

Thanks Segun. Looking foward.

*Youth* may be defined as the period between childhood and being adult.
The UNESCO defiition is fluid.

“Youth” is best understood as a period of transition from the dependence of
childhood to adulthood’s independence and awareness of our interdependence
as members of a community. Youth is a more fluid category than a fixed
age-group.

However, age is the easiest way to define this group, particularly in
relation to education and employment. Therefore “youth” is often indicated
as a person between the age where he/she may leave compulsory education,
and the age at which he/she finds his/her first employment. This latter age
limit has been increasing, as higher levels of unemployment and the cost of
setting up an independent household puts many young people into a prolonged
period of dependency.

When carrying out its Youth Strategy, UNESCO uses different definitions of
youth depending on the context.

For activities at international or at regional level, such as the African
Youth Forum, UNESCO uses the United Nations’ universal definition.

The UN, for statistical consistency across regions, defines ‘youth’, as *those
persons between the ages of 15 and 24 years,* without prejudice to other
definitions by Member States.

You may read more here :

http://www.unesco.org/new/en/social-and-human-sciences/themes/youth/youth-definition/

Trust this is helpful.