[IGFmaglist] 19th Session CSTD

Lynn St.Amour Lynn at Internet-Matters.org
Tue May 10 09:27:57 EDT 2016

Dear MAG Members,

Chengetai and I were both invited to sit on a panel at the 19th session of the UN Commission on Science and Technology for Development (CSTD).

The title of the panel was:  Progress made in the implementation of and follow-up to the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) outcomes at the regional and international levels.

My remarks are below and they were read by Chengetai, who followed up with his own remarks with additional information on IGF 2016 and on the accomplishments in relation to the CSTD WG report on Improvements to the IGF.  I am sure he will send his remarks along shortly.  The panel was held earlier today and the audio stream should be posted any moment.

I was not able to attend the WSIS or CSTD meetings in person but am following many of the sessions remotely.

Comments welcome, of course.

Regards,