[IGFmaglist] FINAL REQUEST FOR MAG COMMENTS ON MAIN SESSION GUIDELINES 2016

Bhatia, Virat virat.bhatia at intl.att.com
Thu May 19 12:20:09 EDT 2016

Dear Members of the MAG,
I could not attend last night's MAG call as it was past 3:30 am India time. I am informed that a brief discussion on the Main Session Guidelines for 2016, was led by Liesyl Franz, the co-facilitator of the Working Group (WG) on Main Sessions.
WG consultations completed. First round of MAG consultations completed
WG consultations were held between April 27 - May 11, 2016.  Since May 13, 2016, when the Draft Main Session Guidelines 2016, were submitted to the MAG for comments, by the WG, 5 sets of inputs have been received from Juan, Wisdom, Ginger, Sala, Segun (all MAG) and Susan Chalmers (from the Working Group). These comments have been included in appropriate sections of the Draft Main Session Guidelines 2016 (attached herewith).
Final round of MAG consultations till 25th May 2016
In case MAG members would like to provide any last / final comments, they are requested to do so by end-of-business, Wednesday, 25th May 2016.
After this week-long, final round of online consultation within the MAG, we aim to finalize and the secretariat can announce the Main Session Guidelines 2016, on 30th May 2016, as per the draft timelines recommended by the WG.  Following this, a call can be placed inviting co-facilitators of Main Sessions to send in their written proposals, as appropriate.
For draft timelines between now and IGF 2016, related to various steps in planning and organizing main sessions, please see Part III of the attached Draft Main Session Guidelines 2016.
Best regards,
Virat Bhatia and Liesyl Franz
Co-facilitators
WGMS 2016