[IGFmaglist] REQUEST FOR MAG APPROVAL ON MAIN SESSION GUIDELINES 2016

Franz, Liesyl I FranzLI at state.gov
Fri May 27 16:00:03 EDT 2016

Dear Members of the MAG,
Following Virat's previous email, please find attached a revised set of IGF Main Session Guidelines for MAG approval (current version 4).  The input and email discussions on the guidelines have been very helpful, and we have tried to capture the content and spirit of them in a consolidated way, given the perspectives that have come forward.   Further, we hope this set covers the goal of providing some predictability, consistency, and guidance for how Main Sessions will be organized while providing new organizers the benefit of the experience of previous organizers (including in the "considerations" sections to provide ideas) - and still allowing for flexibility and innovation in the Main Sessions proceedings.  If there are any last issues of concern by Monday, of course we can try to quickly address them.
Given that it is the weekend (already in many places...!), we can extend the deadline to Tuesday May 31 for MAG approval.  Thank you again for your input and in advance for your approval.
Kind regards,
Liesyl Franz and Virat Bhatia
Co-facilitators
WGMS 2016

Liesyl Franz
Senior Policy Advisor
Office of the Coordinator for Cyber Issues
U.S. Department of State
O: (202) 647-3919