[IGFmaglist] Draft Agenda for Virtual meeting II

Lea Kaspar lea at gp-digital.org
Tue May 17 04:00:07 EDT 2016

Dear all,

I agree with Avri's approach here - most people haven't yet started drafting their proposals. Postponing the deadline at this point would probably do little more than just postpone the start of work date.

Last year's practice seemed to work well - perhaps the Secretariat could provide further guidance.

Best,
Lea

Sent from my iPhone

> On 16 May 2016, at 18:24, avri doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I do not support postponing the deadline.  Certainly not at this point
> when there are several weeks yet to go.  Human nature being what it is,
> postponing the deadline today may postpone the start-work date for some
> as well.
>
> I suggest that the secretariat, as is its practice, be open to lenience
> for those requesting extra time at the last minute, but think it is far
> too soon to postpone.
>
> Instead I suggest we remind people, especially those in our circles of
> reference, often of the deadline and how it is approaching.
>
> avri
>

>> On 16-May-16 10:53, Renata Aquino Ribeiro wrote:
>> Dear all
>>
>> Thank you for this draft agenda.
>> If I can just add a request on the Update from Secretariat
>> Would it be possible to have some information on the workshop
>> submission numbers?
>>
>> Also, I`d like to propose workshop deadline postponement in 2 weeks.
>> MAG members may need the numbers in workshop submission to think about
>> this idea.
>>
>> However, I`d also add that since our upcoming virtual mag meeting is
>> past current workshop submission deadline, maybe it is time to start
>> discussing this possibility already.
>>
>> Also, due to the great work already being done by the WGMS group, we
>> are evaluating the main session proposal submission deadline and some
>> combined action between the two schedules would be interesting. As
>> well, the timelines of intersessional activities planning.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Renata
>>

>>> On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 4:40 AM, Chengetai Masango <cmasango at unog.ch> wrote:
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> Please find below the Draft agenda for the next virtual meeting.
>>>
>>> Draft Agenda
>>>
>>> 1. Intro from MAG Chair, adoption of agenda
>>> 2. Update from Host Country
>>> 3. Update from IGF Secretariat
>>> 4. Updates: MAG Working Groups (WGMS, WG-WREP, etc..)