[IGFmaglist] For agenda item 3

avri doria avri at acm.org
Thu May 19 11:08:06 EDT 2016

Hi,

After yesterdays discussion I must say I remain concerned by the fact
that this was a surprise proposal from DESA that had no prior discussion
in the MAG before being 'adopted.'

Personally I believe that the MAG should discuss the idea and should be
involved in setting the agenda for the retreat.  Whether the work of
setting the agenda is done in a MAG WG or in the MAG as a whole, it
should be, at the very least, a cooperative effort between the
secretariat and the MAG.

I think the last minute notification and the fact that we had so many
with participation dysfunction yesterday is an indicator that this
proposal needs a bit more consideration before approval and implementation.

Thanks

avri