[IGFmaglist] REQUEST FOR MAG APPROVAL ON MAIN SESSION GUIDELINES 2016

Flávio Rech Wagner flavio at inf.ufrgs.br
Tue May 31 08:50:23 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues

Regarding the outstanding issue on the inclusion of linkages in section
(C)iv, I vote for the proposed compromise text, stating that connections
shall be made "to the 2030 Agenda / Sustainable Development Goals and
any work streams determined to be relevant to that Main Session topic".

Best regards

Flavio

> Dear MAG Members,
>
> Regarding the Main Session Guidelines draft for approval:
>
> -Regarding a bit of an extension for last comments, we believe can do
> so.  We only note that the call for main sessions topics/papers should
> commence June 1, per the proposed timeline, and written submissions
> are to be provided to the MAG  by July 5 in time to be discussed
> during the next in-person MAG meeting in July (see timeline in the
> re-attached draft version 4).  If there are no objections to Renata’s
> suggestions below, we can include them in the draft for approval.
>
> -Regarding the outstanding issue regarding inclusion of linkages in
> section (C)iv on considerations for content section in the attached,
> it is now up to the MAG to decide, and the MAG has currently before it
> three options for consideration (comments provided previously) as follow.
>
> oSala’s proposed text:
>
> §[The co-organizers (and organizing group)] must attempt to find
> linkages where possible to with any of the following:
>
> ·Post 2015 Sustainable Development Goals;
>
> ·The Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030;
>
> ·Addis Ababa Action Agenda;
>
> ·Paris Agreement.
>
> oElizabeth’s proposed text:
>
> §[The co-organizers (and organizing group)] are encouraged to make the
> connection, where possible, to the 2030 Agenda/Sustainable Development
> Goals.
>
> oProposed compromise text:
>
> §[The co-organizers (and organizing group)] are encouraged to make
> connections, where possible, to the 2030 Agenda/Sustainable
> Development Goals and any work streams determined to be relevant to
> that Main Session topic.
>
> Again, thank you for your inputs on the Main Session Guidelines.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Liesyl Franz and Virat Bhatia
>
> Co-Facilitators, WGMS

Prof. Flávio Rech Wagner		   Tel: +55-51-3308 9494
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul  Fax: +55-51-3308 7308
Instituto de Informática		   E-mail: flavio at inf.ufrgs.br
Porto Alegre, Brasil			   URL: www.inf.ufrgs.br/~flavio