[IGFmaglist] Proposal for Modification for the Workshop Review and Evaluation Process

Chengetai Masango cmasango at unog.ch
Tue May 31 12:32:36 EDT 2016

Dear Flavio,

>From the Secretariat’s side I think it can be arranged that a MAG member can evaluate an additional set of randomized workshops (rather than the MAG member picking particular workshops they want to grade which may lead to some sort of bias).

Best regards,

Chengetai

From: Igfmaglist <igfmaglist-bounces at intgovforum.org> on behalf of Flávio Rech Wagner <flavio at inf.ufrgs.br>
Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 3:08 PM
To: <igfmaglist at intgovforum.org>
Subject: Re: [IGFmaglist] Proposal for Modification for the Workshop Review and Evaluation Process

Dear Lynn, Rasha and colleagues

I have a suggestion of a small improvement to the process of distributing the review workload among MAG members.

As explained in Rasha's proposal, each workshop proposal is expected to have 8 reviews and each MAG member is expected to evaluate around 36-40 proposals.

In the past, MAG members were requested to review as many proposals as possible, within their time availability. And, in fact, many MAG members were able review a large number of proposals, well above 36-40 proposals.

I would therefore open the possibility that any MAG member, if s/he is willing to do so, is allowed to review not only the workshop proposals formally allocated to her/him, but also as many other proposals as possible.

I must already apologize for not being able to follow the next virtual meeting, as it will take place at 3 am in Brazilian time and I need to lead an extremely important event starting at 9 am (again Brazilian time), for which I must be entirely fit.

Best regards

Flavio

Rasha, Flávio, Susan,

thank you for this proposal.

It is important that all MAG members review the proposal carefully as it is scheduled for review and approval on our Virtual MAG Meeting call this week (Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at  6 am UTC).     If you are not able to make the call, please send in comments so we are able to judge consensus.

Time is tight given our WS review schedule and we need to make a decision.   Input from all MAG members is important as this will determine how the MAG reviews the WS proposal.

Regards,
Lynn