[IGFmaglist] Contribution to MAG 2017 Meeting (On Themes)

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro sala at pasifikanexus.nu
Fri Mar 3 04:42:38 EST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

Picking up on the email thread by Renault and Constance, I see merit in
syncing and apportioning focus on goals that High Level Political Forum
came up with ie....(Unless there are contentions, I don't see anything
wrong with synchronising work within MAG) and allowing ourselves and others
to plan 1-3 years ahead in light of discussions in Guadalajara.)

Where the Assembly decided as follows:

“Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world” in
2017; “Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies” in 2018;
 “Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality” in 2019.

The Assembly further decided that the Forum would discuss a set of
Sustainable Development Goals and their interlinkages at each session
representing the three dimensions of sustainable development, with a view
to facilitating an in-depth review of progress made on all the Goals over
the course of a four-year cycle, and that the sets of Goals to be reviewed
in depth for the remainder of the current cycle would be:

·         Goals 1, 2, 3, 5, 9 and 14 in 2017;

·         Goals 6, 7, 11, 12 and 15 in 2018;

·         Goals 4, 8, 10, 13 and 16 in 2019.