[IGFmaglist] MAG WG - Proposal consolidation

Lynn St.Amour st.amour at bluewin.ch
Thu Mar 30 13:12:52 EDT 2017

Dear MAG members,

as discussed at the last MAG Virtual Meeting, please find attached the current status of our deliberations on MAG WGs.  MAG members are asked to review these and get back to the MAG list as soon as possible.  Comments on all these appreciated by April 5th in order to allow updates as well as give adequate prep time to MAG members ahead of our next call.

1 - WG on Workshop Review and Evaluation Process (WG-WREP) - still active and helping to guide this years process.  Request to continue WG in order to evaluate this new process and update as needed.  Rasha Abdullah to circulate updated charter, ideally by April 5th in order to review on next MAG call.

2 - WG on IGF Improvements - good support for this WG generally, some questions on scope (improvements only or to include recommendations for multi-year strategic work plan).  The draft Charter is still open for comment: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-WSFh9XQV0hutxuAlxsAJCs8XNtiCDSktADcEYKdFrI/edit?usp=sharing    Comments appreciated by April 5th, 2017 in order to be reviewed on our next MAG meeting.

3 - WG on New Session Formats (WG-SF) - Review of 2016 New Sessions and some thoughts on "Hot Topics” - document attached below.  Awaiting draft charter.  Miguel Estrada to circulate updated charter, ideally by April 5th in order to review on next MAG call.

4 - WG on Outreach and Communication (WG-CO) - Current draft attached.  Comments appreciated by April 5th, 2017 in order to be reviewed at our next MAG meeting.

5 - WG on Fundraising -  This is a POTENTIAL new WG.  Separate mail to follow soon in order not to hold this mail up.

In parallel MAG members are asked to review the MAG WG Formation and Modalities document - attached below.   Comments appreciated by April 5th, 2017 in order to be reviewed at our next MAG meeting.   We do not want to hold up chartering of new WGs, but please review this document as you update your charters.   Hopefully, this document answers many of the questions the Secretariat and Chair regularly receive.