[IGFmaglist] Overarching Theme

Miguel Candia mcandia at misionparaguay.ch
Fri Mar 3 04:56:52 EST 2017

Ginger, Israel, colleagues:

I certainly like the idea of a catchy theme. And I do believe that the IGF have room to grow and get interest from a more broad range of people. The bubble is there but I think it is a shiny and attractive bubble that passes around attracting people as it passes.

With that in mind, I would suggest for us to think that the theme for this year need to be a door for the themes of the next 5 years. We should thing in issues such as gender equality, cultural diversity and multilingual national content (I do come from a bilingual country where even facebook has its guaraní page); but algo, when connecting the next billion, we need to sit on the shoulders of the SDG and get those more vulnerable and left behind first.

The internet is the most important tool for the present and future, but the people coming along is the future of the internet. We should never lose the human nature of the internet.

So, an idea:

Internet Governance Forum 2017: You are the internet future, .

Just something to think about

All the best

Miguel