[IGFmaglist] How to connect MAG with International Organisations in Geneva?

Lea Kaspar lea at gp-digital.org
Fri Mar 3 07:03:14 EST 2017

Hi Mamadou, (great to have you here!)

Thanks for highlighting this. I also agree that finding ways to connect the
IGF with other related IG bodies is important. In fact, this is one of the
recommended improvements to the IGF that we should consider as part of a
holistic approach to improving the Forum.

For reference, see the CSTD recommendation
<http://unctad.org/meetings/en/SessionalDocuments/a67d65_en.pdf>* V. Linking
the IGF to other Internet governance-related entities.*

Having the IGF take place in Geneva is a great opportunity to move this
forward. However we decide to go about implementing this, I would just
encourage that we think about it as part of a longer term approach that
goes beyond December 2017.

Best wishes,
Lea