[IGFmaglist] Final Proposal for Session Evaluation Process

THOMAS-RAYNAUD Elizabeth elizabeth.thomas-raynaud at iccwbo.org
Sat Mar 4 11:58:07 EST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you again to the Secretariat team, the Chair, Geneva hosts and all colleagues on the MAG for the start we made during the meetings.

As I pull together the information needed to report the ensuing decisions and timeline information for the global business community I represent and have a clarifying question about the timeline ahead of a call early next week.

The Secretariat’s schedule inside the final document Rasha’s shared looks as follows:

SESSION SELECTION FOR IGF 2017

REVISED PROPOSED SCHEDULE

Sl.#

Activity

Dates

Duration

1.

Open call inviting session proposals (Deadline: 6 June)

15 March-3 May

7 weeks

2.

Secretariat organizes and sends proposals to MAG for evaluation

4-8 May

5 days

3.

MAG session evaluation

9-29 May

3 weeks

4.

Secretariat analysis and evaluation of session results

30 May-5 June

1 week

5.

MAG reviews analysis, paying particular attention to regional and stakeholder balance

6-12 June

1 week

6.

MAG meets to select final sessions

14-16 June

3-day meeting

Could someone please confirm that based on the meeting decisions the schedule stands correct as follows?

Sl.#

Activity

Dates

Duration

1.

Open call inviting session proposals (Deadline: 3 May)

15 March-3 May

7 weeks

2.

Secretariat organizes and sends proposals to MAG for evaluation

4-8 May

5 days

3.

MAG session evaluation

9-29 May

3 weeks

4.

Secretariat analysis and evaluation of session results

30 May-5 June

1 week

5.

MAG reviews analysis, paying particular attention to regional and stakeholder balance

6-12 June

1 week

6.

MAG meets to select final sessions

13-15 June

3-day meeting

Finally, I note one point I didn’t raise in the meeting but that I was asked to raise by members with experience submitting and helping other submit workshop proposals. It is important people know the deadline is firm and that 7 weeks of preparation time has been given for the work to be done. We need the Secretariat to have time for the work preparing the MAG for their evaluation. So rather than risk it not being respected the deadline should be either very strict or the published deadline be earlier by a couple of days 1 May with nothing accepted after the 3 May.

Many thanks for the assistance with confirming the correct dates.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth THOMAS-RAYNAUD
International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
Project Director, ICC Business Action to Support the Information Society (BASIS)
Senior Policy Executive, Digital Economy