[IGFmaglist] 2017 MAG Virtual Meeting II | Tuesday, March 28, 2017 | 16:00hrs UTC

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro sala at pasifikanexus.nu
Mon Mar 27 08:47:45 EDT 2017

Dear Chengetai, Lynn,

Whilst I registered for the meeting, I doubt I will be able to wake up at
3am. As I have also just had a long night as well.

Wish you all a good meeting and will catch up via the transcripts. I am
glad the BPF processes are being reviewed and we have volunteer who are
reviewing the BPFS. It would also be great to review how the Intersessional
measure up to the original mandate  it's great that Juan and Raquel have
volunteered...

When we attempted geographically inclusion and technical by some, there
were some concerns relayed to me from (North America)  that there were
appearances of "political" or "perceptional capture" which was pretty sad
because we lost out on some pretty good resources and they suggested that
unless that structurally if there were greater accountability and
transparency mechanisms that they would be inclined to participate.

We need to review the guidelines and standards; meeting and reporting
templates; standardise codes of conduct and behavior etc;

For the record, I support the BPF on Cyber Security and on Local Content.
Local content is one of the drivers to bridging the digital divide..

With every best wish for your 3am meeting,

Sala