[IGFmaglist] IGF MAG Working Group Formation and Working Guidelines

Olusegun H. Olugbile solugbile at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 10:01:12 EDT 2017

Dear Lynn,

Thank you for the good job. I have been away with poor internet
connectivity. I'm back now and please find attached the reviewed WGCO
report with recommendations. Really the focus of our discussion should be
on the recommendations which I have pasted directly here.

*WGCO Recommendations*

   1. WGCO should be made a permanent component of the long term and
   multi-year IGF strategy for improving communication and outreach support
   mechanism. This is critically important to enable the group implement its
   term of reference in continue streams. However, the ToR is subject to the
   review of the MAG members, while dynamically refreshing its scope to fit
   into the present and the future IGF workstreams.
   2. WGCO should be prioritized on supporting the work of MAG, IGF
   Secretariat, intersessional activities, other Working Groups and
   communicating the work (Past and Present)  and value of IGF.
   3.  WGCO should be repositioned as an essential working group for
   inspiring multi-stakeholders participation and strengthening their
   engagement in the IGF process.  Consequently, Coordinators of Working
   Groups and Inter-sessional activities should by default join membership of
   WGCO to improve synergy on IGF communications and outreaches.
   4. The group should have a clear mapping of areas of interests while
   insulating WGCO from conflict of interests.
   5. WGCO members should be objectively committed to achieving the goals
   of the group.
   6.  A value-added framework for achieving improved IGF visibility and
   communication with other related communities such as NRIs, World Economic
   Forum, ISOC, ICANN, IEEE and the UN entities could be further discussed
   within the WGCO, and then proposed for discussions during a future MAG
   meeting.

Best Regards

Olusegun H. Olugbile

*____________________________________________________________*
President, Global Network for Cybersolution - GNC  (www.gncafrica.org)
Technical Advisor to ECOWAS on West Africa IGF (www.waigf.org)
Member, African Multi-Stakeholders Advisory Group  (www.afigf.org)
Member, Global IGF Multi-stakeholders Advisory Group to UN Sec. Gen. (
www.intgovforum.org)
Fellow, European School of Internet Governance (www.eurossig.eu)
Member, African Information & Communication Technhology Alliance (
www.aficta.org)
Managing Partner, Continental Project Affairs Associates (www.cpaa.com.ng)

*GNC | 5th floor (Olujinmi Chamber floor) NICON Insurance Plaza, Central
Business District, Abuja, FCT - Nigeria*

*CPAA | 72(b) Kwame Nkruma Cresent, Asokoro District Abuja-FCT |** Tel: 234
803 701 7537, 818 180 6044   *