[IGFmaglist] MAG WG - Proposal consolidation

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 17:38:20 EDT 2017


Dear all

I'm in agreement with everything Flavio expressed.

Thank you so much, Chair, for this document.

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 12:04 PM, Flávio Rech Wagner
<flavio at inf.ufrgs.br> wrote:
> Dear Lynn and MAG members
>
> I fully support the continuation of the Working Groups on "Workshop Review
> and Evaluation Process", on "New Session Formats" and on "Outreach and
> Communication". I also support the approval of the current versions of their
> charters / proposals.
>
> I also support the formation of the new WG on IGF Improvements. I have
> proposed some small amendments to the charter which is available on Google
> Docs. I am volunteering to be a member of this WG.
>
> Finally, I also approve the current version of the document on "About WGs,
> Formation and Working Modalities and Guidelines". I think it adequately
> covers all relevant aspects for the formation and work of WGs.
>
> Best regards
>
> Flavio
>
>
> Dear MAG members,
>
> as discussed at the last MAG Virtual Meeting, please find attached the
> current status of our deliberations on MAG WGs.  MAG members are asked to
> review these and get back to the MAG list as soon as possible.  Comments on
> all these appreciated by April 5th in order to allow updates as well as give
> adequate prep time to MAG members ahead of our next call.
>
> 1 - WG on Workshop Review and Evaluation Process (WG-WREP) - still active
> and helping to guide this years process.  Request to continue WG in order to
> evaluate this new process and update as needed.  Rasha Abdullah to circulate
> updated charter, ideally by April 5th in order to review on next MAG call.
>
> 2 - WG on IGF Improvements - good support for this WG generally, some
> questions on scope (improvements only or to include recommendations for
> multi-year strategic work plan).  The draft Charter is still open for
> comment:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-WSFh9XQV0hutxuAlxsAJCs8XNtiCDSktADcEYKdFrI/edit?usp=sharing
> Comments appreciated by April 5th, 2017 in order to be reviewed on our next
> MAG meeting.
>
> 3 - WG on New Session Formats (WG-SF) - Review of 2016 New Sessions and some
> thoughts on "Hot Topics” - document attached below.  Awaiting draft charter.
> Miguel Estrada to circulate updated charter, ideally by April 5th in order
> to review on next MAG call.
>
> 4 - WG on Outreach and Communication (WG-CO) - Current draft attached.
> Comments appreciated by April 5th, 2017 in order to be reviewed at our next
> MAG meeting.
>
> 5 - WG on Fundraising -  This is a POTENTIAL new WG.  Separate mail to
> follow soon in order not to hold this mail up.
>
> In parallel MAG members are asked to review the MAG WG Formation and
> Modalities document - attached below.   Comments appreciated by April 5th,
> 2017 in order to be reviewed at our next MAG meeting.   We do not want to
> hold up chartering of new WGs, but please review this document as you update
> your charters.   Hopefully, this document answers many of the questions the
> Secretariat and Chair regularly receive.
>
>
>
>
> Regards,
> Lynn
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Igfmaglist mailing list
> Igfmaglist at intgovforum.org
> http://intgovforum.org/mailman/listinfo/igfmaglist_intgovforum.org
>
>
>
> --
> Prof. Flávio Rech Wagner		   Tel: +55-51-3308 9494
> Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul  Fax: +55-51-3308 7308
> Instituto de Informática		   E-mail: flavio at inf.ufrgs.br
> Porto Alegre, Brasil			   URL: www.inf.ufrgs.br/~flavio
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Igfmaglist mailing list
> Igfmaglist at intgovforum.org
> http://intgovforum.org/mailman/listinfo/igfmaglist_intgovforum.org
>




More information about the Igfmaglist mailing list