[IGFmaglist] Response to inquiry on MAG 2019 Renewal

Wai Min Kwok kwok at un.org
Fri Sep 7 17:49:42 EDT 2018

Dear Arnold,

Apologies for my late reply on this.

Thank you very much for your email regarding the MAG 2019 Renewal. We are pleased to provide requested explanations.

  1.  Currently, the MAG is composed of two (2) members coming from the Technical Community, GRULAC region. One (1) member is ending his tenure, and therefore one seat is vacant for the MAG 2019 Renewal. Given that a female member will continue serving, this year's Renewal aims for appointing a male member.

  1.  From the Technical Community of the WEOG regional group, two (2) female MAG members are eligible to continue serving in 2019.

  1.  The total number of the members coming from the Technical Community is ten (10). For clarity, the MAG Chair has never been included in stakeholder "counts" due to their role.

Please note that one member from the Technical Community was appointed with dual nationality (WEOG and GRULAC), despite this member's residence being outside of the regional group she was appointed with WEOG. We shall add this indication and footnotes on the website, for the sake of avoiding any confusions.

Best regards,
Wai-Min Kwok
Senior Governance and Public Administration Officer
Division for Public Institutions and Digital Government | Department of Economic and Social Affairs
United Nations | Office DC2-1746 | kwok at un.org | https://www.linkedin.com/in/waimin/ | Tel: +1 (917) 367 3026