[IGFmaglist] IGF Factsheet

Rhijn, mr. A.C.F. van (Arnold) A.C.F.vanRhijn at minez.nl
Fri Sep 14 09:54:09 EDT 2018

Dear Wai Min,

Thank you for reminding us about the existence of this interesting and useful IGF Factsheet. I took the liberty of sharing this document with the whole MAG (in cc).

The only thing I'm missing in this document is the global character of the IGF. This should be emphasized right from the start or in the title of this text, just like it is rightly mentioned on the homepage of the IGF website<https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/>. Those not familiar with the IGF may think it's a national initiative instead of a global platform. This happens at least in my home country, the Netherlands, too often and we then have to explain the real nature and character of the IGF. I'm sure it's not different from other countries. The same is true for social media (twitter etc.) where it mostly read "IGF" with no further explanation. If we would like to get more stakeholders to join the IGF, this acronym should be spelled out more often and preceded by 'Global'.

Best regards,

Arnold