[IGFmaglist] Updated IGF 2019 schedule

Mary Uduma mnuduma at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 01:00:46 EDT 2019

 Thank you Chengetai for the great effort to accommodate requests for rescheduling.
I can imagine the difficulties you and your team are going through in the scheduling of the IGF 2019.
I have some observations, particularly on slots for the NRIs
I.  The topping parallel sessions for the 3 tracks time slots overlap with NRIs sessions, DC sessions and  OFs with related topics to the tracks we are trying to introduce to participants to get them prepared for such workshops. The NRIs sessions would certainly suffer low attendance with this current schedule. ( Assessment would be negative in 2020)
2. Day1  mornings in addition to one above are mostly, OF, DCs and NRIs sessions. I think the scheduling would actually affect the sessions adversely and with the attendant negative report on NRIs sessions and why it should not be allowed in 2020 IGF. e.g most NRIs from Africa (limited delegations) would prefer participating in OF3.
3,  There is a workshop running while the concluding Sessions '
Maybe you consider swopping some NRIs sessions to Day 4 morning from Day 1 e,g the running workshop moves to 11.45 -13 00 on day 1 if the organizers did not specifically request for the time slot.