[IGFmaglist] Working Group-Outreach Engagement 2019

Mamadou LO alfamamadou at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 6 12:03:06 EST 2019

Hello all!
After running the Working Group Outreach and Engagement in 2018, I would like to share some thoughts on je job done so far and looking ahead to IGF 2019.

2018, we acted assisting the IGF Secretariat  on communication among to the IGF community and the at-large community which could have an interest in the IGF activities, in order to increase the engagement in the IGF preparatory process and, in consequence, in the IGF meeting activities. The communication channel and tools used were : mailing lists, social medias, translation (french, Spanish, Portuguese).

2019, we would like to suggest to recharter this WG taking into consideration further improvements to better impact IGF in the community. Therefore, we recommend in addition to the traditional channel used, the creation of communication platform like booths during Internet Governance events (ICANN...), medias coverage on IGF pre-activities, activities on site and post-activities. Also, we recommend communication tools design like leaflets, brochures on IGF brand to be implemented and distributed during Internet Governance activities worldwide along with more B to B and interpersonal communication. Also, we strongly recommend the IGF 2019 process documents to be translated in German to better involve the IGF host local community.
By the way, due to frequent presence and travel in rural areas this year with internet connections issues (my workplace will move), I will not be able to facilitate this Group but will be more than happy being in the background helping in all areas (sharing informations, translating…)
Cordially