[IGFmaglist] Different weight of the criteria

Nebojsa Regoje nregac at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 13 08:56:25 EDT 2019

Dear all!As I mentioned in the chat during the meeting, I am not in favor of the different weight of the criteria.The first problem is that it would be very difficult to agree among the MAG what is "less" valuable, and what is "more" valuable. In extreme case, for me, it is one criterion, and I should like to have 50% weight, and for somebody else, it is another criterion and (s)he would like to have 60% for that criterion.In addition, I feel that the different weight would be significant to the individual WS score for each proposal, but, in the overall score of all of the proposals, different weight of the criteria would be leveled, lose importance. I should like if the Secretariat could run a test on the last year results, applying fictional 10%, 20%, 30%, 40% weight for either 50 top scorers or 50 randomly selected WS to compare what are the changes in their rankings.However, I think that the idea is worth exploring and it would not be late to make the final decision at the next meeting.
Nebojša Regoje