[IGFmaglist] STI Forum (was: Re: Side Event on “The Multistakeholder-Multidisciplinary Approach to Internet Governance, etc.)

Lynn St.Amour Lynn at Internet-Matters.org
Tue May 14 12:23:53 EDT 2019

Dear MAG members,

FYI, in addition to the Side Event to promote the IGF (organized by DESA, and the Permanent Mission of the United Arab Emirates to the UN and the Permanent Mission of the Federal Republic of Germany to the UN), I will be a panelist in the final session tomorrow.   Mr. Vaughan Turekian and Mr. Macharia Kamau (see below) were the Co-Chairs of the first STI Forum (2016) where I discussed the IGF, IGF intersessional activities and NRIs, and they were very interested in learning from IGF experiences.  I also thought they were two of the best Chairs I had seen, actively encouraging concrete comments and frankly imploring everyone to do all they could to help deliver on the SDGs.  I will again cover the IGF, IGF intersessional activities and NRIs with the central theme being the MS nature of all we do.

15 May, 17:00 -18:00	 Session 9: Supporting the implementation of the Technology Facilitation Mechanism - the way forward for joint action - and closing

This session will present a number of initiatives from across the world (including the on-line platform) that support the science-based, solution-oriented, multi-stakeholder and collaborative approach of the Technology Facilitation Mechanism (TFM) including discussions on broadening their impacts and making them self-sustaining, lessons learnt and ways forward.

Co-Chairs: H.E. Ms. H. Elizabeth Thompson and H.E. Ms. Marie Chatardová

Moderator: Mr. Vaughan Turekian, Co-Chair of the 10-Member Advisory Group; and Executive Director Policy and Global Affairs National Academies of Sciences Engineering and Medicine, USA

Panelists
.	Mr. Macharia Kamau, Principal Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kenya
.	Ms. Lynn St. Amour, Chair, Multi-stakeholder Advisory Group to the Internet Governance Forum
.	Mr. Joshua Phoho Setipa, Managing Director, Technology Bank for Least Developed Countries

Interactive discussion

Closing remarks by:

.	H.E. Ms. Inga Rhonda King, President of the Economic and Social Council

Best,
Lynn