[IGFmaglist] Call for input: local content IGF BPF - Deadline 18 October

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Fri Oct 11 03:02:05 EDT 2019

Dear all

I am following up on messages from Carlos Afonso and Giacomo Mazzone and
Giacomo's update during the last MAG call. We really need your
deadline for next week Friday, 18 October.

Best

Anriette Esterhuysen BPF Local Content Support - anriette at gmail.com

*Local Content BPF: Call for contributions on preserving and sharing
local culture, history and content at risk as a result of political
shifts and upheaval *

The BPF <https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/lexicon/8#BPF> on
Local Content is exploring how the Internet can be used to preserve
local language and cultural heritage, particularly in current contexts
*where cultural and linguistic diversity, artefacts and histories are at
risk as a result of political and social shifts and upheaval*. The BPF
is putting out a call for contributions to help understand and expose
challenges, and gather examples and best practices of how digital
technologies and the Internet can be used to *promote, preserve and
share local culture and content*. The BPF would also like to identify
best practices of how to manage and promote the digitisation of existing
analogue content (printed and electronic media, cinema, music, visual
arts etc.) and services.

Please help us by sharing your experience, expertise, concerns,
questions and examples of challenges and responses to those challenges.

https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/local-content-bpf-call-for-contributions-on-preserving-and-sharing-local-culture-history-and

There are only 6 questions and we would really appreciate your input.
Deadline 18 October

Also, please do join the mailing list:
to be part of this important process.

Thank you

/Carlos Afonso - //ca at cafonso.ca//
/

//

/Giacomo Mazzone - mazzone at ebu.ch//
/

/Anriette Esterhuysen - anriette at gmail.com/

//

/*IGF Local Content Best Practice Forum*/